Tuesday, April 15, 2008

. . . Fail - the I. F. topic of the week




Been a couple of weeks since I drew. Times goes by so fast. So this week's topic could have taken me to many places. While I try not to be too political in my daily life, it was unavoidable with this topic.


We could focus on the "George W" years to illustrate, but there are so many places to go on that one, I wouldn't know where to start. . . so I'll leave that alone. Or perhaps the sub-prime lending, stock market sliding, Ben Bernanke mis-handling recession causing mess. Not a pretty picture either.


But instead, my mind was focused on what I remember growing up as the first big failure of our country to do the right thing. I'm not talking about "losing" the Vietnam War being the failure. The fact that we were dragged in at all was the failure. The way the country treated the soldiers returning was the failure. The way the American public was lied to during the course of the war (hmmmm, sounding familiar) was the failure. The senseless loss of human lives was the biggest failure, and for what? It still saddens me to this day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got busy again and forgot to post!

I like it... and btw my little counter thingy says only 157 days to go until we get a dem in office.... is it too soon to start planning a victory party? :)