Friday, July 17, 2009

A New Sketchbook Project



Well, just what I needed, another project . . . but maybe it is. I never seem to make the time to post unless I give myself a deadline or an event of some sort. So I signed up for The Arthouse Gallery's latest Sketchbook Project Vol. 4 .

They assign you the topic of your sketchbook, which I was concerned about, but I got "Postcards" as my theme. I can work with that. I'll be ding the picture on one side, and the "postcard message" on the other. A bit challenging for using watercolor, because the paper is pretty thin, but that's the plan for right now.

So following is my first entry. I won't probably post them all, but I have to return the book by early December, so I'm going to try and crank them out.

Wish me luck, and enjoy.






5 comments:

Karen Blados said...

I did one of their projects a year or so ago. I ended up gluing two pages together to bulk them up a bit and that seemed to help.

Never got the book back, though. Or any response to my many emails. All I can say is scan your pages.

Pat said...

Wow that's cool. Looks like fun.

ZooMan55 said...

Thank you both. Good advice KB, thanks.

Tyanne said...

I love your style. Great sketches (paintings? I am never sure what to call them.) I felt like I was right there in your back yard. I came to your blog after seeing a post on everyday matters and added it to my list of feeds. I look forward to seeing your sketch book as it progresses.

Patty Ruthe said...

Glad you're enjoying the virtual paintout. I like the postcard idea, someone else was working on a monster one. I don't think I could ever fill a book on one subject! Or maybe I should try......