Saturday, June 27, 2009

Virtual Paintout . . . Ponte Vecchio, Firenze, Italy


I thought this was a pretty cool concept when I read about the Virtual Paintout the beginning of this month. Of course it took me until now to get an entry done and posted, but I did.

The concept is that you go on Google Earth and this month was Florence (Firenze), Italy. You find a picture someone has linked to the map of the city, and you sketch or paint the scene.

I liked the light in this view of the Ponte Vecchio, but I dont' know anything else about it. I had fun working on it at lunchtimes though. Hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

iva yaneva said...

aw, I love Italy! You really did a great job :)

Alex said...

awesome sketch and mind I say... SUPERB REFLECTION! :)

Lynn said...

Great job on this! Virtual sketchdate - What a cool idea.

ZooMan55 said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. My first try at the Virtual Paintout.